New CEO for Kalt Maschinenbau AG
LS Laser Systems and EPP merge to form L-TRIS
Kalt Maschinenbau AG to keep growing with CGS as its new owner
End-of-Line Packaging Experts complete the second step of their Buy & Build process
COVID-19 – an exceptional challenge
There is no longer any doubt: The COVID-19 crisis impacts society and the economy in unprecedented ways and with uncertain consequences – it has become a perfect storm.
Three parallel shocks
Whilst the so-called Great Recession (or Financial Crisis) of 2008 was primarily a shock on the demand side, the current crisis attacks businesses from three sides – demand, supply, and internal operations: demand because customers are now immediately stopping their orders and capex projects, supply because critical materials may no longer be available at the plants at the time when they are needed, and internal operations because workers and employees may not be able to work due to illness, quarantine, or administrative order.
Photonics Systems Group implements next step of its Buy & Build strategy
CGS Management expands investment portfolio with Hummingbird Converting Solutions GmbH
End-of-Line Packaging Experts accomplish first step of its Buy & Build process with the acquisition of Standard-Knapp
Photonics Systems Group acquires LS Laser Systems
Freeman Schwabe Machinery joins the ICG International Cutting Group
CGS to build new industrial group with InnoLas Solutions
Dollins Tool is joining the Mold & Robotics Group
CGS acquires German A + F Automation + Fördertechnik to support the future expansion
schoen + sandt machinery presses on towards internationalization with CGS
Mold & Robotics Group accomplish first step of its Buy & Build process with the acquisition of CBW Automation
CGS Update March 2021
This issue of CGS Update focuses on digitalization, succession, and innovation:
- InnoLas Solutions reveals what Industry 4.0 means in practice and what it takes to get there.
- Thomas Lehmann sold his company in order to step down gradually – but things turned out differently.
- SF Tooling has started casting large structural parts for car manufacturing using a new technology that will fundamentally change the industry.
CGS Update September 2020
This issue of CGS Update reaches you during exceptional times, as a virus is profoundly testing the resilience of societies, economies, and governments.
- CGS and its portfolio companies are also facing major challenges, as laid out in our field report.
- Still, despite difficulties, much is possible – as shown by the acquisition of Kalt Maschinenbau and the step of Stürtz into Poland.
CGS Update December 2019
This CGS Update focuses on continuous development:
- Udo Gröber sold his company to CGS to enable further growth,
- R&S is one hundred years old because it has stayed ahead and keeps changing,
- EoL has successfully completed its first internationalization step,
- and Hummingbird Converting Solutions is building on its technological lead.
CGS Update June 2019
A CGS Update focusing on results:
- SF Tooling and Top-Werk – two more groups at the top worldwide
- Top-Werk, an excellent example of successful integration
- Photonics Systems Group’s success with its first add-on investment
- Entrepreneurial responsibility at CGS
CGS Update December 2018
This CGS Update features our Buy & Build strategy:
- InnoLas Solutions’s succession is wrapped up and it is ready for speedy growth,
- Maag is a success story living on after CGS sold it, and lastly,
- our fourth fund’s successful subscription demonstrates investors’ trust in our approach.
CGS Update June 2018
A CGS Update on many exciting developments:
- Four new industrial pearls headed for global leadership;
- One fast-growing group that is already a step ahead;
- How CGS has broadened and bolstered its team.
CGS Update December 2016
A CGS Update on steps towards expansion and integration:
- SF Tooling and R&S have both reached milestones in their transformation into internationally leading groups.
- The integration of the acquired companies is one of CGS’s Buy & Build strategy’s core motors driving value creation – and a major challenge at the same time.
- New members have bolstered CGS’s team.
CGS Update April 2016
A CGS Update focusing on the R&S Group:
- R&S has acquired companies in the Czech Republic and Poland and is facing the challenge of integrating them into the Group.
- Recognition of our work: Gold for CGS at the 2015 Private Equity Exchange & Awards.
- The new CGS team members.