Photonics Systems Group is a leader in laser processing of micro-materials. The group designs and produces customized machines and processing systems for high-precision laser applications and has well-known, globally active customers in the core markets - Europe, the US, and Asia.
Its product portfolio includes high-performance laser systems for application in the photovoltaic, semiconductor, and electronics industry alongside precision engineering.
Growth since CGS’s engagement
- Development from a specialist focused on the photovoltaic market to a provider offering systems for a range of industries
- Electronics business strengthened through the acquisition of LS Laser Systems in January 2019 and of EPP Electronic Production Partners in November 2019 with its complementary product portfolio
- Group integrated through development of the international sales network and realization of synergies with focus on sales, procurement, and production
- November 8, 2019 – Succession solution for EPP Electronic Production Partners
- January 28, 2019 – Acquisition of LS Laser Systems
- May 3, 2018 – Acquisition of InnoLas Solutions
EUR 40 million
CGS contact person
Markus Nicht, CEO