Working with the former owner of Schöttli, CGS implemented a Buy & Build strategy with add-on acquisitions in China and the United States. By integrating these new companies and implementing a global organizational structure, CGS significantly expanded the Schöttli Group’s market share and increased its profitability.
Challenges before CGS’s involvement:
- To serve its global, multinational customer base effectively, Schöttli needed to develop a true international presence.
- The company’s R&D processes and organizational structure needed to be strengthened.
- The production process required further optimization and rationalization.
- The management team needed to be reinforced.
CGS successfully completed a series of value creation initiatives. Specifically, it:
- acquired and integrated a company in China and a company in the United States.
- strengthened the group’s presence in the growing Asian markets.
- focused on profitable business segments and expanded the product portfolio.
- implemented a group-wide operations concept that enhanced production capacity planning and boosted efficiency levels.
- implemented a new organizational structure and created a global sales team.
- Sales increased from CHF 35 million to CHF 80 million.
- The management team and its leadership capabilities were strengthened.
- Worldwide headcount increased by 33%.
- EBITDA margin more than doubled.
- Thanks to its innovations and improved operational efficiency, the Schöttli Group has become a globally leading moldmaker for high-volume medical applications, caps and closures.